Group Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Coordinator
- Based in Southport at our Corporate Head Office, with travel as required to our various sites across Australia
- Experience in the mining sector is an advantage, but not essential
- Join the National Group as we continue along our strategic and planned growth path
The National Group is one of Australia's largest and most trusted suppliers of mining equipment, with a vast and diverse national fleet. We are a leading force in transport, logistics, personnel supply & management for the industry.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the primary objective of this position is to assist all managers and staff to ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety duties and obligations. Additionally a focus of the role will be to lead and oversee Health and Safety Strategy, implementation and monitoring of effective Health and Safety Systems, policies and training.
Some key requirements of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the National Group Health Safety and Environment Management System (HSE MS) in accordance with relevant legislation
- Ensure that the company's obligations both on and off mine sites complies with the Environmental Protection Act
- Develop contract specific safety plans to facilitate compliance with the group and site HSE MS
- Ensure personal injury events are managed in accordance with current legislation, company policy and relevant procedures.
- Assist with Return to Work processes
- Lead or take part in incident investigations
- Complete HSE MS audits ensuring appropriate monitoring and review
For us to consider you for this position, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience and qualifications relevant to managing Return to Work plans
- Experience conducting incident investigations and recommending / implementing corrective actions
- Proven ability to create Safety Plans through consultation with National Group and Client key stakeholders
- Knowledge of current legislation around Health, Safety and Environment, including Federal Standards and State based legislation
- Experience managing and maintaining a Safety Management System.
Applications that do not provide a resume and cover letter that addresses the required selection criteria may not be considered during shortlisting.
We respectfully ask for no agency approaches.
Enquiries - Scott Tobin - Recruitment Officer - 07 5555 4500 or email@example.com